Thursday, January 28, 2016

Fancy Forest Quilt bundle not available but you can buy fat quarterbundles separately right now.




 




I had been trying to find the Fancy Forest Quilt kit available but when I got an email notification saying it was now in stock it was gone within minutes.  It had been originally posted at $99.99 but when I contacted the company they stated that was an auto fill when they posted it on their web and it was in fact $165.00.  I did find it on another site being available on Feb. 16 for $129.99 and that includes the pattern.  Check out Nancy's Notions. http://www.nancysnotions.com/
 It includes the 40 fat quarters, pattern too.  You will note that it doesn't show on the web anymore so you must call Nancy's Notions to pre-order.








Not being patient I bought the pattern online from Elizabeth Hartman's site, http://ohfransson.bigcartel.com/product/fancy-forest-pdf-quilt-pattern and ordered three fat quarter bundles that included fabric needed.  So I'm not waiting to start.
Elizabeth Hartman Fancy Forest quilt kit.








The fat quarter bundles I purchased that have a majority of the fabrics
From connecting Threads $21.08  Quilter's Candy Bright Solids Sampler has 16 Fabrics.


















The other two I ordered from Hawthorne Threads,


http://www.hawthornethreads.com/quilt_kit/fancy_forest_quilt_kit
Pacific Fat Quarter Bundle in Evening, $26.75 and Pacific Fat Quarter Bundle in Morning, also $26.75.  With shipping these two were $59.00




Fabric needed for quilt.  You can purchase in kit form or use scraps or piece together, mix and match.  The fabrics used in the kit are Kona Solids and solid coordinates, Robert Kaufman, Pacific, Rhoda Ruth per pattern. 
If you will note the total I paid for all of them was $80 plus $22 for the pattern.  I also used two fat quarters I had in my stash to make up the last two green's I needed.  The least expensive kit is from Nancy's Notions.  This will save you $27 if you purchase the kit from them and if you purchase it from Hawthorne Threads it's $165 so that will be a savings of $63.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment